The mission of Kitsap Sexual Assault Center is to alleviate as much as possible the trauma resulting from sexual abuse and other violent crimes by providing counseling, support, advocacy, education and by helping to bring about social change.
Kitsap Sexual Assault Center (KSAC) began in 1975 providing services to sexual assault victims and their non-offending family members in Kitsap County.
In 2015, therapy, support groups, advocacy, crisis intervention, personal support, information and referral services were provided to 1,041 individuals who were primary and secondary victims of sexual assault.
KSAC provides training for school personnel and other agencies throughout Kitsap County about how to respond to sexual assault disclosures, reporting procedures and community resources.
- 24-Hour Crisis / Help Line
- Trained staff and volunteers provide support, information, resources, and referrals. (No fee).
- Legal / Medical Advocacy: Advocates will accompany clients during medical examinations, police interviews, court proceedings; provide Protection Order information and Victims Compensation ; information, referrals, and peer counseling. (No fee).
- Therapy: Masters Level therapists provide individual therapy for adults and children who have been victims of sexual abuse, Group therapy for adult survivors of sexual abuse, and Teen Groups facilitated within several schools and throughout Kitsap County.)
- Prevention: Training or speakers available to schools, public and private organizations.